Posted by : PooMac Photography Studio Monday, June 27, 2011

Mateshwari was Our Hridayeshwari (Goddess of the Heart)
--Dadi Hriday Mohiniji
Sweet Mama, whom we used to call Mateshwari, was the Goddess of our Hearts.  Her expert organizational skills in constructing the New World were unique and incomparable.  On one hand, Mama sustained so many young girls like a mother but was also adept at bringing about transformation in their lifestyles.  When Mama found out something wrong had occurred and the kumari involved was hesitating to come before Mama out of shame, her parental affections would emerge.  She would gather all the children of the yagya together and make them aware of the incident, so that they too would consider it to be a insignificant.  The person would then own up to his or her mistake and reform themselves forever.  The mirror of their heart would become clean.
When Mama analysed the knowledge, it felt as if Goddess Saraswati and not Mama was speaking.  Once, in Secunderabad, some citizens were opposing the BKs.  Pitashri (Father) Brahma asked Mama to visit the place.  Mama accepted the shrimat whole-heartedly and set on her way; I accompanied Mama to Secunderabad.  Mama went to meet the opposition party.  Hearing her sweet, meaningful voice, they melted… They experienced Mother Saraswati herself to be speaking to them.  Witnessing this form of Mother Saraswati, they said, “Mother, forgive us.  We did not know who you were.  Knowledge heard through your lotus-mouth is unique and worth contemplating on.  Whether or not we follow the gyan, your presence has opened our inner eye.”  They also developed faith in the medium of the Supreme Soul, Pitashri.
=====================================
Mama Filled Me With All Her Divine Powers
--Dadi Hriday Pushpaji
Once in Karachi, I had a severe stomach ache.  I had to go to the bathroom at least 30 times.  I was not worried about anything, since I had the determined faith that my life was in God’s hands.  God is my protector and it is His choice whether He keeps me here or in His subtle world.  I said, “Baba” and fell unconscious.  On hearing this, Baba came to me immediately and gave me drishti.  In a little while, I opened my eyes and began uttering, “Baba, Baba…”  Baba called Mama and asked her to look after me.  Mama said, “Yes, Baba.”  Baba then prepared a 7-day schedule of what I should be given to eat and drink.  Baba instructed Mama, “Give the daughter only 3 spoonfuls of water every hour for two whole days.  After that, give her 3 spoons of water and 3 of milk every hour for two days.  On the fifth day, give her two spoons of khichdi (steamed rice and pulses).”  Mama followed these directions accurately and I was made well in a week’s time.  It was only davã (medicine) and duvã (blessings) that cured me.  But even after recovering, Mama continued to feed me.  I told her, “Mama, I am better now and can eat on my own.”  But Mama insisted, “This is Baba’s direction.  When Baba permits it, only then can you eat meals yourself.” 
Next day, Mama asked me to come to her room at 10 p.m.  When I met her, she sat at the sandali with me before her and conducted meditation, giving me drishti from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. the next morning!  It felt as if Mama had bestowed all her divine powers on me and I was sitting in divine light.  In the morning, Mama said, “Now go to your roomand sleep.”
Later on in the morning, many sisters went to Mama and asked her what tapasyã Sis. Hriday Pushpa had done to merit Mama’s attention.  Mama replied, “Why don’t all of you go and ask her yourself?”  The sisters came to me and asked, “What tapasyã have you done that Mama herself has specially served you?”  I answered, “Mine is one Shiv Baba and none other.  I have surrendered my life to Him alone.  Since I have given this life to Baba, I see no one else but one Shiv Baba.  This alone is my tapasyã.” 
When sisters were sent from Madhuban on Godly service, I too was sent to Bangalore.  Many years passed without any expansion of service and the days went by with difficulty.  We had to tolerate a lot because no one wanted to listen to hear this new and different spiritual knowledge.  When Baba heard the news, he told Mama, “My daughter is in much discomfort.  Please go to Bangalore and bring her back with you.”
When I received the news that Mama was coming to Bangalore for the first time, I sat in meditation.  Since Mateshwari Jagadamba was coming here, prakruti (nature) would surely become a servant.  I then experienced as if someone was saying, “Go to Commercial Street.”  I got up from meditation and wondered where this Commercial Street was!  I left the centre and started walking.  Asking around I finally reached Commercial Street, but didn’t know whom to meet there.  The voice of my mind said, “Go ahead” and I walked on. Little ahead, I saw a wealthy Seth (businessman) entering his shop and my inner voice said, “Go meet the owner of this shop – he is a devotee of Jagadamba.”  When I went in, the owner said, “Mataji (Mother), what do you need?” 
I asked him, “Do you know Jagadamba?” and he said, “Yes, of course.  I am Jagadamba’s devotee.”  I said, “That same Jagadamba is now in the living form and she is coming to Bangalore.”  
Hearing this, the businessman looked amazed and said, “Is that true?  It is great fortune that I will meet my dearly loved goddess in the physical form and be blessed by her.  My deepest wish of many births will be fulfilled.”  He continued, “Listening to you, I can visualize myself meeting Jagadamba.”
I said, “There are many souls who are eagerly waiting to meet her.” 
He asked, “Please tell me how I can help.” 
I replied, “We would need a big hall to seat all the people who come to meet her.  And a large house for her to stay during her visit.”
The businessman said, “Mother, we have recently inaugurated a new dharamshãlã (rest-house for pilgrims, travelers) a few days back.  Please come and see if it is suitable.”  He immediately drove me to see the dharmshãlã, which was satisfactory.  It was new and had good lodging facilities.  The Seth then had wheat, rice, ghee sent over, furnished every room with bed, mattress etc., and specially put in a bed, sheets and sandali in a Mama’s room. 
I then had to prepare invitations for people to meet Mama.  I began thinking what should be done.  An inner voice said, “Go ahead.”  I went on and saw a printing press.  I entered and the owner asked me, “Mother, what would you like?”  I said, “Jagadamba Saraswati is coming to Bangalore and I need to print invitations for the occasion.”  He said, “Tell us what to print and we will do it accordingly.”  The English words that emerged from my mouth could not have been uttered by even educated people: “Mateshwari Jagadamba is arriving in Bangalore.  Please have the blessings of complete Purity, Peace and Prosperity for many births.  All are invited.”  The owner asked for the payment, but as I didn’t have any money I told him, “I will send the money with another mother.  Please give her the cards when she comes.” 
How was I going to welcome Mateshwari?  This required garlands and flowers etc.  I remembered that a few days back, a gardener brother had taken the course.  He himself said, “I will bring as many flowers and garlands for Jagadamba Mother as needed.”
We then waited for Mateshwariji’s arrival.  The day came when she reached Bangalore and we gave her a grand welcome.  When the Seth saw Mama, he felt his mind’s deepest desire was being fulfilled – he was content.  Many eminent people came to meet Mama and were elated on hearing her talks.  The Brahmin family met her as well and were overjoyed.  Mama stayed in Bangalore for one week.  The day of Mama’s departure soon dawned and Mama told me, “You haven’t yet shown me Baba’s home!”  I had been avoiding it but when Mama repeatedly asked, I took her to the tiny room where I lived.  I did everything in that one room: preparing and eating meals, conducting class, resting, giving the course etc.  Mama saw the place and said, “Baba has sustained all of you like princesses.  I cannot bear to see how you are living here.  Baba specifically sent me to bring you back to Madhuban.”  I said, “Mama, I am not a cowardly soldier.  I will not return from the battlefield.”  Mama replied, “You are not coming out of your own desire.  Baba himself is calling you.  Please come back with me.”  But I insisted, “I will die but not move from here.  I will only come to Baba when I have created a bouquet (of souls).”  Seeing my firm faith, Mama returned alone to Baba in Madhuban.
This was how Mama became a humble server and nursed me during my illness, and at a time of crisis, came to the place of service and gave her co-operation, love and filled me with the strength to move forth in service. 
Mateshwari Remained Immovable, Unshakeable & Stable All Her Life 
- Dadi Kunj ji
I was in bondage in my childhood days.  On coming to the yagya, we received complete sustenance of Mama. Many times, I would come from home without having eaten anything.  I am not sure how Mama would find out about it, but she would seat us down, feed us herself and send us home.  She also boosted our courage, zeal, and enthusiasm.  The young kumaris who did not get permission from their parents (to stay in the yagya) studied at the Om School, created by the Om Mandali, and I was one of them.  Mama cared for all of us there.  Looking at Mama, we felt she was our mother.  She would say, “The children in bondage (bãndheli) have to free themselves just as Hanuman had freed the chaste Sita from Ravan’s clutches”.  Mama taught us different tactics, empowered us and made us fearless.  I was 9 years old at the time.”
Mama had unshakeable faith in Shiv Baba as well as drama.  Mama would give us 2-hour classes on ‘drama’.  Mama would say, “As much as you have faith in Baba, you should keep faith in the drama as well.  It is only then that you can maintain a stable stage in your spiritual life.  Throughout her life, I saw that since Mama’s faith in drama was immovable and unshakeable, she remained stable constantly.  On the battlefield (dealing with yagya business), Baba kept Mama in front.  The yagya ran in Mama’s name.  Mama directed the Shiv-Shakti Army through all examinations that each task of establishment (of the new world) entailed.  No matter how adverse the situations or obstacles were, Mama remained immovable and unshakeable, faced them with a smile and became victorious.
EQUAL & ELEVATED FEELINGS FOR ALL
Whilst serving in the yagya, a sister was allocated to help me complete the service.  I went and complained to Mama, “This is sister is very slack and works slowly.  Why don’t you give me so-and-so sister?  We can accomplish the work together quickly.”  Mama then asked me, “How do you know she is slow?”  I replied, “Mama, I see her every day since we work together.”  Mama advised me, “Everyone has some form of weakness or draw-back.  I am the Mother, am I not?  I have to give everyone the opportunity to do service and help create their fortune.  Today, she has a weakness but by observing your skills day-by-day, she will be able to make up for the weakness and become as clever as you are.  This is why we have to move along with everyone.”  And that was how Mama taught us with love.
Mama drew our attention to every little detail.  A sister once left her body in Karachi.  She had been ill for only 2-3 days, but passed away suddenly.  Mama told everyone: “All of us should learn a lesson from her death.  One cannot trust death.  Don’t think that you are still a child or young in age and that you will live for many more days.  No, death can come at any time.  This is why you should ask yourself every night before sleeping, am I ready to leave the body at this moment?  If Shiv Baba were to call me today, would I be ever-ready?” 
TACTFULLY, SHE MADE THE CHILDREN WORTHY & ENABLED THEM TO PROGRESS
From Karachi days, I did service in the Grain Department as assistant to another sister, the Head of Department.  When she left, Mama told me, “Kunj, you become Head and look after the Department.  I said, “No, Mama.  I will not become the Head.  Earlier, the store used to be full but now it is the beggary part.  If I were to refuse someone something, what would they say to me?  Please make an older sister the Head of the Department; I will be her assistant and take care of everything.”  Mama took me to Baba and told him that I was refusing to become Head of the Grain Department.  Baba smiled and said, “That’s all right, daughter.  What she says is right. How can this happen?  What she says is right.  I can be Head of Shiv Baba’s store and Kunj will be my assistant and serve.”  Mama thus tactfully gave or enabled responsibilities to be given to the children and helped them move ahead.
Baba wanted to send me on service but I did not want to be separated from him.  Baba would ask me to go, but I would tell him, “Baba, I will not leave you and go.”  Once in the Murli, Baba said in the gathering, “I used to think Kunj was worth a pound, but she turned out to be worth not a penny.”  But I was still firm and said, “Baba, I will not go away from you.”  One day at Brij Kothi, Mama made me sit on the swing with her and said, “Kunj, what does Baba wish from you?”  I answered, “Baba wishes for me to go on service.  I don’t have the strength to stay apart from Baba!  Instead of listening to Baba personally, I would have to read it on paper!  I cannot do that.  I will continue to cry and then what service will I be able to do?”  Mama then said, “Look, daughter, when Baba wants you to serve he will surely give you the power.  Don’t be scared.  Say ‘yes’ to Baba. Nothing else will happen; everything will be all right.”  Thus, Mama filled me with strength and enthusiasm and took me before Baba.  She told Baba that I was ready to go on service, but I remained completely silent.  Baba said, “She is not saying anything but standing quietly.”  I then slowly said, “Baba, I am ready to go on service.”  As a mother, Mama filled me with perseverance, zeal, and enthusiasm and took me to Baba, as well as gave me the great fortune of moving ahead in service.  In this way, Mama trained us in all aspects. 
Dadi Prakash Mani and I used to reside in Patna together.  One of the brothers there had his own strange nature.  He would not allow us to do service in some places.  We decided that when Mama comes we will tell her everything about the brother.  When she did arrive, we said, “Mama, please don’t invite that brother to join us when we are sitting with you.”  Mama replied, “No, I am his guest.  How else will I teach him?  Both of you should now become sensible.”  Saying such things, she treated younger ones as her seniors.  Mama taught us methods of handling difficult people.  It was one of Mama’s great specialities that she could make such individuals become humble.  As a result, when we had Goddess Saraswati’s day of worship, it was this same brother who adorned Mama with a large quantity of jewellery and offered 56 types of bhog. 
UNLIMITED TRUST & LOVE
Mama had so much faith in everything Baba said that she could not tolerate any child of the yagya passing comments on Baba’s words.  One time I told her, “Look Mama, Baba changed this point today.  Previously He used to say, I am a Jyotirlingam (the oval shape symbol of God Shiva on the path of bhakti) and now He says, He is Jyotirbindu (a point of light) – what does this mean?”  Mama instantly replied, “When Baba said His form is jyotirlingam that is, embodiment (swaroop) of light, did He measure His size and tell you how much it was?”  Mama was absolutely unwilling to hear that Baba had altered His points.  “Earlier, you were young and could not contemplate what a ‘point’ is.  In order for you to understand, Baba used to say that His form was that of jyotirlingam or jyotiswaroop.  And today, Baba has explained His original form as being jyotirbindu.  Baba’s real form is a point of light and He is the Ocean (sindhu) of virtues.”
In Karachi, Dada Vishwa Kishore, Dada Vishwa Ratan, many others and I worked together on creating pictures.  In a day, we could make a maximum of 2-4 pictures.  One day, Baba said, “Mama, Princess Elizabeth’s birthday is coming soon.  I would like 108 members of her family to receive this picture on her birthday.  Is this possible?”  Mama replied, “Yes, Baba.”  Mama came to us and said, “I have told Baba that in 15 day’s time, 108 pictures will be made.”  I said, “Mama, 2-3 pictures are made in a day with difficulty.  Tell us how 108 pictures can be made in 15 days?”  Mama replied, “Who is asking us to do this?  Even if Baba were to ask for the moon to be brought down and set here, we should do it.  These words have emerged from Baba’s mouth, so how can it not be accomplished?”  Mama spoke in a powerful Shakti-form with full faith.  And to tell you the truth, the task was accomplished two days in advance.  Such was Mama’s power and firm faith!
Mama was the treasure-store of virtues and powers.  It’s impossible for anyone to describe her.  Mama had an avyakt and angelic form from the beginning.  We make our efforts according to a programme or schedule, but Mama’s effort-making was natural and easy.  This is why she easily attained her complete stage.
I have experienced that ever since Mama became avyakt, her worship, that is worship of Jagadamba (World Mother) and Durga have increased to a great extent in bhakti.  Mama is playing her role of Durga in her avyakt form, which is why Goddess Durga is worshipped and revered immensely.  The worship of Goddess Durga in Kolkata (West Bengal) is worth seeing.  It is my feeling that Mama was gyan-gyaneshwari (embodiment of knowledge) in the corporeal form, and made the Ganges of knowledge flow, whilst in her avyakt stage she is accurately playing her part of Goddess Durga and blessing devotees with virtues and powers.
However much we praise Mama, it will always be inadequate.  Shiv Baba bestowed the treasure-store of knowledge and made us wealthy with knowledge, but Mama practically taught us life’s customs and ethics and made us great.  Mama was Shakti, the Bestower of Virtues, and the Idol of Motherly Love.  She created and enhanced my life, and made me worthy.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Popular Post

Main-nav-Menu (Do Not Edit Here!)

Join Us On Facebook

- Copyright © I Am Soul -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -